This product is now sold exclusively through our advanced composite materials and supplies website, Easy Composites. Use the link or button below to buy online.
Despite the strength and durability of carbon fibre fishing poles and fishing rods, fractures or complete breaks in the pole do happen from time to time.
If you're unlucky enough to have this happen to you then your options are to buy a new pole, have the pole professionally repaired or to repair the pole yourself using Carbon Mods' carbon fibre Fishing Pole / Rod Repair Kit.
The kit includes all of the necessary materials and equipment to complete the repair and requires only competent practical skills and a couple of hours of your time to repair your broken or fractured fishing pole or rod so that it is as strong as it was before the damage occurred.
Size of Kit
This kit has been designed to allow for the repair of at least 3 broken fishing rods and so includes sufficient heat shrink tape, resin and carbon fibre fabric to do at least 3 repair jobs.
- 150mm x 1000mm ProFinish Plain Weave Carbon 90g Carbon Fibre Cloth.
- 154g EL2 Epoxy Laminating Resin.
- 46g AT30 Fast Epoxy Hardener.
- 10m Roll Composites Shrink Tape.
- 120, 240, 400 and 800 Grit Abrasive Paper.
- 2x Laminating Brushes, Mixing Cups and Sticks.
- 25ml Polishing Compound
- 3x Alcohol Wipes
All materials are supplied in high quality, re-sealable containers and shipped in protective packaging.
When unrolled the carbon fibre fabric is 150mm(5.9") wide and 1000mm(39.4") long.
As with all Carbon Mods carbon fibre kits, complete instructions on how to use the kit are freely available to download from this site.
Uses for this kit
- Roughen the surface around the broken pole using the included abrasive paper.
- Apply some epoxy resin to the area around the break.
- Bring the two halves of the pole or rod together if necessary.
- Wrap the rod with the special plain weave carbon fibre fabric, applying additional resin as you go.
- Wrap the repair with the special high-shrink tape (make sure you apply the tape the right way round - inside to inside).
- Apply heat to the tape (using a heat gun or powerful hair dryer).
- Splint the repair if necessary (if the pole/rod was broken completely).
- Leave to cure then remove the tape.
- Polish the repair to leave a professional finish.
Fishing Pole Repair Service
Carbon Mods doesn't offer a fishing pole or rod repair service; we believe that using this kit most people shoudl have no problems making a good, strong repair themselves. If however you really don't think that a DIY repair is for you Carbon Mods now maintain a list of individuals and companies who use our materials and process to undertake professional carbon fibre fishing pole repairs.